- This event has passed.
Referee Clinic @ Harbor Dojo (Postponed)
March 14, 2020 @ 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm
Referee Clinic (Postponed)
Saturday, March 14, 2020, 1 PM to 4 PM
USJF Sanction #20-03-10
- Please bring your judogis.
- We are limiting it to the first 20 to register.
We are fortunate enough to have Mr. Gary Takemoto pass on the information from the 2020 (January 11-12) IJF Referee and Coaching seminar. We will also have Scott Galles informing us how to referee Special Needs competitors.
Gary Takemoto – IJF A Referee, 2016 Olympic Referee
Scott Galles – IJF Continental B Referee
- Referees and coaches are highly recommended to attend.
- Clarification of rules.
- How to become a better referee.
- Understanding the rules and knowing what the referee’s responsibilities are.
- Coaches will learn why their players lose by shidos.
- Learning correct gestures of shidos.
- Learn the issues and concerns when refereeing special needs competitors.
Eligibility – Open to USJF, USJA & USA Judo members in good standing.
- Must provide current membership card. Judoka is expected to be respectful and show proper judo etiquette. Judokas may be asked to leave the mat at the request of the Sensei in charge.
- Please make checks payable to: Taishi Judo Club
- Completed forms, checks and copy of USA Judo, USJF or USJA current membership cards to be sent to:
- Rob Oishi – 17801 Osage Avenue Torrance, CA 90504
Clinic Fee if pre-registered or postmarked by March 4, 2019:
- $30 per individual per session.
- $20 for each additional family member per session of the same immediate family.
Clinic Fee if after March 4, 2020 or at the door on the day of:
- $45 per individual
- $30 for each additional family member of the same immediate family